Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thing #18

I explored Google Docs. Actually I had already signed up previously. A friend of mine sent me a document, and it's been in Google Docs ever since then.  At first I just didn't see the purpose of it, but I guess their are several advantages. First, I like the translation tool. I took high school Spanish and a semester in college, but there are times when I would like to check my written documents for accuracy. I can do that with the translation tool in Google Docs. The second advantage I can think of is that documents stored in Google Docs does not occupy memory space on each computer. In this case teachers don't have to fear using too much memory of keep up with flash drives. Another obvious advantage is the document is available on any computer with internet access. That's good. On the other hand, sometimes internet access is down in schools. In this way, having documents dependent on internet access could be risky, and cause frustration, if there is no backup.

No comments:

Ms. B

Ms. B
Avatar